2 years of TTC
Just hit my 2 year milestone… not really something I’m celebrating though! I’m not even mentioning it out loud, although it is always at the back of my mind.
2 years ago I stopped using contraception with my partner and we foolishly thought I’d be pregnant within a few months. I remember having the conversations of how many children we wanted, what genders, how many years between etc. Funny how we thought it was so easy but here we are 2 years on and still no baby. I could never of imagined this back then. Now when I think about it - I don’t care about gender, or even having more than one. I just want one.
However looking on the bright side over these 2 years I have become fully qualified in the Trying to conceive (TTC) lingo! I know it all from your BFN to your LH surge to your EWCM (TMI).
I know all the ‘pregnancy symptoms’ I have felt them every month then got my BFN. I have counted forward the weeks to see when my baby is due if I conceive on certain cycles. I have thought baby names, nursery room colours and even bought a bigger car in preparation. I have had this whole future planned for the past 2 years.
I want to write this blog for anyway going through this shitty journey. But most of all I want to be able to get all my emotions out and hopefully feel better. If anybody reads this and it resonates with them then that’s a bonus too.
2 years is a hell of a lot of emotion! Buckle up!
Comments
Post a Comment